How Invisalign works
Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the process is most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
Advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces:
- Straightens your teeth.
- Allows you to eat whatever foods you enjoy.
- Lets you remove the device when you want.
- Lets you enjoy virtually invisible teeth-straightening.
- Allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally for better periodontal health.
- Consists of smooth, comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that is more likely to irritate your cheeks and gums.
- Frees up your busy schedule, with office visits only every four to six weeks.
- Invisalign Teen®: Provides up to six free replacement aligners if lost or broken.*
*Invisalign Teen only.
Why is straightening so important?
Correcting an abnormal bite will create a nice-looking smile, but more importantly, orthodontic treatment results in a healthier mouth. Not correcting an abnormal bite could result in further oral health problems, including:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Tooth loss
- Affected speech and/or chewing
- Abnormal wear to tooth enamel
- Jaw problems