Dental Veneers in Beavercreek
At Premier Dental of Beavercreek, dental veneers are part of our cosmetic dentistry services in Beavercreek. Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth. Veneers can quickly produce a stunning change in your smile!
Veneers are not permanent, generally lasting 5 to 10 years before needing to be replaced. They are very durable, however, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting smile. Get started on your path to a great looking smile with a consultation at our dental office in Beavercreek. Dr. Van Ee and staff will examine your teeth to see if porcelain dental veneers are possible to achieve your long-term dental goals.
When are veneers desirable?
- When you want to improve the look of your teeth – their shape, uniformity, and color
- For crooked or misshapen teeth
- If you have badly discolored or stained teeth
- If some or all of your teeth are too small or too large
- When there are undesirable or uneven spaces between teeth
- If you have a chipped tooth
- For worn-down teeth, which are sometimes caused by teeth grinding, or bruxism
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- They offer an immediate result with aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
How are dental veneers placed?
Dr. Van Ee will remove a small amount of the tooth surface to allow the placement of the veneer. An impression is taken of your tooth and sent to our dental laboratory. The dental veneer is then custom made to fit the tooth and mouth. The veneer is bonded to the tooth with resin cement.
Do dental veneers require special care?
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing as you normally would. Even though porcelain veneers resist stains, your dentist may recommend you avoid stain-causing foods and beverages (for example, coffee, tea, or red wine.)
Explore Dental Veneers in Beavercreek, Ohio
At Premier Dental of Beavercreek, we see patients frequently who have chipped, stained or cracked teeth, which makes them self-conscious about their smile. In most cases where there is damage to a tooth, but the foundational structure is still intact, dental veneers can be applied to cover up any stains, cracks or chips. Our board certified dentist, Dr. Lauren Van Ee, and her staff will provide an exam to determine if you are a candidate for dental veneers, take a mold of your existing tooth/teeth, color-match the shade of your other teeth and have a custom dental veneer designed for you. At your second appointment, Dr. Van Ee will apply the veneer with a bond adhesive to your existing tooth/teeth. Before you leave, our staff will provide information on maintaining your new dental veneers, from brushing and flossing to foods to avoid that may weaken the bond.
If you are ready to take the step to fixing your broken, stained or chipped teeth, contact Premier Dental of Beavercreek to learn more about Dental Veneers.