Porcelain Veneers in Oakwood
At Premier Dental of New Carlisle, we offer dental veneers as part of our cosmetic dentistry services in Oakwood. Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth. Veneers can quickly produce a stunning change in your smile!
Veneers are not permanent, generally lasting 5 to 10 years before needing to be replaced. They are very durable, however, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting smile. Get started on your path to a great looking smile with a consultation at Premier Dental of Oakwood. Dr. Sahar Ullery and the staff will work with you to see if Porcelain Dental Veneers are an option to achieve your long-term dental goals.
When are veneers desirable?
- When you want to improve the look of your teeth – their shape, uniformity, and color
- For crooked or misshapen teeth
- If you have badly discolored or stained teeth
- If some or all of your teeth are too small or too large
- When there are undesirable or uneven spaces between teeth
- If you have a chipped tooth
- For worn-down teeth, which are sometimes caused by teeth grinding, or bruxism
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- They offer an immediate result with aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
How are dental veneers placed?
Dr. Ullery will remove a small amount of the tooth surface (for better adhesion) to allow the placement of the veneer. An impression is taken of your tooth and sent to our dental laboratory. The dental veneer is then custom made to fit the tooth and mouth. The veneer is bonded to the tooth with resin cement.
Do dental veneers require special care?
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing as you normally would. Even though porcelain veneers resist stains, your dentist may recommend you avoid stain-causing foods and beverages (for example, coffee, tea, or red wine.)
Explore Dental Veneers in Oakwood
At Premier Dental of Oakwood, porcelain veneers are just one of the many cosmetic dentistry tools that we use to provide a natural look for your smile. If you have long struggled with the appearance of your teeth, our dental team in New Carlisle can help! Most porcelain dental veneer procedures take a little as two visits to our office. During your first appointment, Dr. Verma will examine your damaged tooth/teeth to see if dental veneers are the right procedure. Once he has established porcelain veneers as the best option, he will take dental molds of your existing tooth/teeth. We will color match your existing teeth and send that off to our dental lab for a custom set of dental veneers.
At your second appointment, Dr. Ullery will 'rough' up your tooth/teeth and apply the custom set of dental veneers with a bonding agent. The dental veneers will sit on top of your existing tooth/teeth and provide a nice, white, natural look and a beautiful smile. Before you go, we will schedule a 6 month follow up appointment to examine your new veneers, as well as provide care instructions that include brushing and flossing, what types of foods and drink to avoid.
Since dental veneers are a cosmetic procedure, make sure to check with your dental insurance provider to understand what is covered and what is out of pocket. Our office staff can help run the numbers, if you have any issues.
Premier Dental of Oakwood is a dental practice in Oakwood, providing expert dental services for patients in Oakwood, Kettering, Miamisburg, Centerville, and surrounding areas in Montgomery County.