Porcelain Veneers in Granville
At Premier Dental of Granville, we offer dental veneers as part of our cosmetic dentistry services in Granville. Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth. Veneers can quickly produce a stunning change in your smile!
Veneers are not permanent, generally lasting 5 to 10 years before needing to be replaced. They are very durable, however, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting smile. Get started on your path to a great looking smile with a consultation at Premier Dental of Granville. Dr. Alexandrunas and staff will work with you to see if Porcelain Dental Veneers are an option to achieve your long-term dental goals.
When are veneers desirable?
- When you want to improve the look of your teeth – their shape, uniformity, and color
- For crooked or misshapen teeth
- If you have badly discolored or stained teeth
- If some or all of your teeth are too small or too large
- When there are undesirable or uneven spaces between teeth
- If you have a chipped tooth
- For worn-down teeth, which are sometimes caused by teeth grinding, or bruxism
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- They offer an immediate result with aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
How are dental veneers placed?
Dr. Mark will remove a small amount of the tooth surface (for better adhesion) to allow the placement of the veneer. An impression is taken of your tooth and sent to our dental laboratory. The dental veneer is then custom made to fit the tooth and mouth. The veneer is bonded to the tooth with resin cement.
Do dental veneers require special care?
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing as you normally would. Even though porcelain veneers resist stains, your dentist may recommend you avoid stain-causing foods and beverages (for example, coffee, tea, or red wine.)
Explore Dental Veneers in Granville, Ohio
At Premier Dental of Granville, we help patients with damaged teeth, restore their smile to the factory default. Our office is located in the heart of Granville, but easily accessible from surrounding areas of Newark, Heath, Lancaster and Mt. Vernon. If you are hesitant to show off your pearly whites due to stains, cracked or misaligned teeth, put our dental expertise in your corner. We offer porcelain dental veneers at our dental practice in Granville and with as few as two appointments, we can restore your smile with dental veneers or other cosmetic options.
Dr. Mark and his compassionate staff will first examine your teeth to see if dental veneers are an option. If they are, we will walk you through the process, including finding the right color of veneer to match your teeth (for a natural look). Dr. Mark will take molds of your tooth/teeth and send those off to the dental lab for a customized set of veneers. At your second appointment, Dr. Mark will apply a bonding to your damaged tooth/teeth and afix the custom-made porcelain veneer to your tooth. Before you leave, the Granville staff will provide education on caring for your new set of veneers, how often to brush/floss, types of toothpastes and mouthwashes to use, and types of food to avoid for the short and long-term.
Premier Dental of Granville is a dental practice in Granville providing expert Dental services, serving patients in Granville, Etna, Pataskala, Newark, Hebron, Millersport, Baltimore, Lancaster, Mt. Vernon and other surrounding areas in Licking and Fairfield County.