Porcelain Veneers in Grove City
At Premier Dental of Grove City, we offer dental veneers as part of our cosmetic dentistry services in Grove City. Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth. Veneers can quickly produce a stunning change in your smile!
Veneers are not permanent, generally lasting 5 to 10 years before needing to be replaced. They are very durable, however, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting smile. Get started on your path to a great looking smile with a consultation at Premier Dental of Grove City. The staff will work with you to see if Porcelain Dental Veneers are an option to achieve your long-term dental goals.
When are veneers desirable?
- When you want to improve the look of your teeth – their shape, uniformity, and color
- For crooked or misshapen teeth
- If you have badly discolored or stained teeth
- If some or all of your teeth are too small or too large
- When there are undesirable or uneven spaces between teeth
- If you have a chipped tooth
- For worn-down teeth, which are sometimes caused by teeth grinding, or bruxism
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- They offer an immediate result with aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
How are dental veneers placed?
We will remove a small amount of the tooth surface (for better adhesion) to allow the placement of the veneer. An impression is taken of your tooth and sent to our dental laboratory. The dental veneer is then custom made to fit the tooth and mouth. The veneer is bonded to the tooth with resin cement.
Do dental veneers require special care?
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing as you normally would. Even though porcelain veneers resist stains, your dentist may recommend you avoid stain-causing foods and beverages (for example, coffee, tea, or red wine.)
Explore Dental Veneers in Grove City, Ohio
At Premier Dental of Grove City, we love helping our patients re-imagine their smile. Our cosmetic dentistry services are designed to help fix damaged teeth and restore them to their original state. Porcelain veneers are one option that we use to 'cover' teeth that are still structurally sound but may be chipped, cracked or stained. Most veneer procedures can be accomplished in as little as two office visits.
During your first visit, one of our board-certified dentists will do a thorough exam of your tooth/teeth to see if dental veneers are an option. Once established as the proper procedure, we'll take a mold of the tooth/teeth that needs repaired and send it to our lab to have a custom made porcelain dental veneer. At your second appointment, your dentist will 'rough' up the surface of the tooth/teeth and apply a bonding agent before installing your new set of veneers. Since patient education is a core value at our Grove City dental practice, we will provide you with post procedure instructions that include brushing and flossing, types of toothpaste and mouth wash to use, and the types of foods and drinks to avoid that will give your porcelain dental veneers the best chance to 'take'.
Premier Dental of Grove City is a dental practice in Grove City, providing expert Dental services for patients in Grove City, Galloway, Lincoln Village, Obetz, Darbydale, Orient and other surrounding areas in southern Franklin County.