Why we use composite fillings
Composite resins, or “tooth-colored fillings,” provide durability and resistance to fracture in small- to mid-size fillings that need to withstand moderate pressure from the constant stress of chewing. They can be used on either front or back teeth and are completely safe. We only use high quality composite materials and believe they are superior to amalgam fillings. Our offices are 100% mercury free.
Advantages of composite fillings
- They are safe and contain no mercury.
- They are strong and can be used in any tooth.
- They are attractive, with many shades of white to match your smile.
- Composite material bonds to the tooth surface better than metal amalgam.
- Patients report reduced sensitivity compared to amalgam fillings.