Why we use composite fillings in Johnstown
Composite resins, or “tooth-colored fillings,” provide durability and resistance to fracture in small- to mid-size fillings that need to withstand moderate pressure from the constant stress of chewing. They can be used on either front or back teeth and are completely safe. We only use high quality composite materials and believe they are superior to amalgam fillings. Our offices are 100% mercury free.
Advantages of composite fillings
- They are safe and contain no mercury.
- They are strong and can be used in any tooth.
- They are attractive, with many shades of white to match your smile.
- Composite material bonds to the tooth surface better than metal amalgam.
- Patients report reduced sensitivity compared to amalgam fillings.
Dr. Hudoba and Dr. Cook provide white composite fillings at our Johnstown dental practice. Known for their durability and contour-ability, white composite fillings are a great way to seal a crack or cavity in your tooth.
We are a full-service dental practice, located in downtown Johnstown, near the intersection of SR 37 and SR62. Our facility features plenty of parking, including handicap accessible spots with easy access to the entrance. Our dental practice in Johnstown provides white composite fillings as part of our general and restorative dentistry, serving patients in Johnstown, New Albany, Mt. Vernon and other areas in Licking and Delaware county in Ohio.