Porcelain Veneers in Johnstown
At Premier Dental of Johnstown, we offer dental veneers as part of our cosmetic dentistry services in Johnstown. Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth. Veneers can quickly produce a stunning change in your smile!
Veneers are not permanent, generally lasting 5 to 10 years before needing to be replaced. They are very durable, however, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting smile. Get started on your path to a great looking smile with a consultation at Premier Dental of Johnstown. Dr. Emily Crook and the staff will work with you to see if Porcelain Dental Veneers are an option to achieve your long-term dental goals.
When are veneers desirable?
- When you want to improve the look of your teeth – their shape, uniformity, and color
- For crooked or misshapen teeth
- If you have badly discolored or stained teeth
- If some or all of your teeth are too small or too large
- When there are undesirable or uneven spaces between teeth
- If you have a chipped tooth
- For worn-down teeth, which are sometimes caused by teeth grinding, or bruxism
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- They offer an immediate result with aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
How are dental veneers placed?
Dr. Crook will remove a small amount of the tooth surface (for better adhesion) to allow the placement of the veneer. An impression is taken of your tooth and sent to our dental laboratory. The dental veneer is then custom made to fit the tooth and mouth. The veneer is bonded to the tooth with resin cement.
Do dental veneers require special care?
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing as you normally would. Even though porcelain veneers resist stains, your dentist may recommend you avoid stain-causing foods and beverages (for example, coffee, tea, or red wine.)
Explore Dental Veneers in Johnstown
At Premier Dental of Johnstown, porcelain veneers are one of the many cosmetic dentistry tools that we use to help patients restore their smile. The process of applying dental veneers involves a few as two appointments. Dr. Crook and her staff will examine your tooth/teeth to see if dental veneers are the right solution. Once established as the optimal procedure, Dr. Crook will take molds of your tooth/teeth, find the right color shade to match your existing teeth, and send the scans off to have custom made porcelain veneers at our lab.
Your second appointment is the where the magic happens. We take the custom set of dental veneers and bond them to your existing cracked, chipped or misaligned teeth. We use a special bonding agent that holds your veneers in place, creating a nice white smile. We will also provide some after care instructions that include brushing and flossing, what types of foods and drink to avoid, as well as schedule a 6 month follow up to ensure your veneers are stable.
If its been a while since you've been to the dentist or you've been putting off a consultation to fix your smile, schedule an appointment today with our friendly, caring staff in Johnstown.
Premier Dental of Johnstown is a dental practice in Johnstown, providing expert dental services for patients in Johnstown, New Albany, Mt. Vernon, Gahanna, Pataskala and surround areas in Licking County.