If you are looking to straighten your teeth, but don't want traditional braces, you may consider Invisalign. Invisalign is a great solution for young adults and older adults to straighten their teeth over time and is considered a common dental procedure that is offered by many dental offices. You may have heard of Invisalign, but have you heard of Invisalign Go? We compare the two treatment options below.
The length of treatment is significantly different between Invisalign Go and the complete Invisalign plan.
Invisalign Full is made for long-term use and more complicated correction needs. Invisalign Go, which can be used to treat minor teeth misalignments, has a substantially shorter treatment time.
The entire Invisalign procedure can use about 30 trays over a 12 to 18 month period, and in some very complex cases, Invisalign can require up to 45 aligners. Treatment time with Invisalign Go can be shortened to 4 months because fewer aligners are required.
• Suitable for some complicated teeth alignment cases
• Flexible payment options are offered
• The aligners may be taken out to eat, drink, and brush teeth
• Fully customizable
• There is an 18-month total treatment time
• It will be necessary to replace a lost aligner, which could make treatment more time-consuming
• It might cost more money than Invisalign Go
• Shorter treatment period
• less expensive than the Full Invisalign treatment plan
• Appropriate for simple cases like misalignment and gaps
• Simple to care for teeth throughout treatment
• Not recommended for severe cases of tooth misalignment
• Unlike Invisalign Full, the treatment plan is less comprehensive
As you can see above, each Invisalign treatment option has advantages and disadvantages. However, the decision between Invisalign Go and Invisalign Full will almost always be based on clinical factors. At Premier Dental, Invisalign therapy is part of our cosmetic dental services. We take scans of your mouth to determine the right course of action that is based on your orthodontic goals. Schedule a free consultation at one of our Premier Dental locations to get started!